Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[33 / 4 / 18]

How do you guys feel about Gen 5?

No.54788271 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Gen 5 is such a strange mixed bag for me.
I love B2W2. I think it's probably the best game in the entire franchise. It has the best feature ever (the Pokemon World Tournament). It also has tons of other content that I enjoy.
I also really like the human characters of Unova, I think they're some of the most interesting characters in the franchise.
The plot is also very good, with BW probably having the most interesting plot in any Pokémon game.
My main problem with Unova is that I hate the Gen 5 Pokemon. I think they're the worst batch of Pokemon that we've had sofar. Most of them look like Fakemon to me, for some reason. I do like some, but I dislike the vast majority of them.
Other than that, I also find the Unova region itself a bit meh, compared to Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Alola and even Galar and Kalos. I don't think Unova is a bad region, I think all Pokemon regions have been good sofar, but it's just lower on my list.
The music is good, but not my favorite either. Some songs just don't sound like Pokémon music, but they feel like they have been taken out from other franchises, like Zelda for example.
So yeah, that's my opinion of Gen 5 in general. How do you guys feel about Gen 5?