Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 2 / 11]

Will we ever see Mega Evolutions again...ever?

No.54882351 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Taking Mega Evolutions out of the game might be the worst executive decision ever made by a video game company since releasing catwoman.

I understand Game freak wants to have a new gimmick in every generation. But why can't I have a Mega-Evolved dynamaxxed pokemon? Why can't I have a Mega-Evolved, Terastallized pokemon? Mega Evolution apparently is not exclusive to 1 region so it just makes no sense to just take it out. Saying that It makes it too complicated for a game made for children is not an excuse. Most 8 year olds can figure out each typing matchup and if they can figure that out, they can figure out multiple gimmicks as well. Speaking about only making the game for children...WAKE UP GAMEFREAK. You are sitting on this planets most successful franchise in history and refuse to exploit it. You are sitting on a gold mine to cater Pokemon to adults and long time fans. You could take advantage of member berries and nostalgia that Hollywood seems to be fucking obsessed with...and just saying...meh, we'd rather stick making the game marketable to only 1/3 of our youngest potential consumers.

On another note, Mega-evolution is the only thing that made Gen 6 even slightly memorable. Everything about Kalos, the Legendarys, the version of team rocket, the story and the starters were all ass. Even Pokemon YouTubers such as Jaiden have trouble naming even 1 of the starters from Kalos. To take out the 1 thing that made it even playable is wild.