Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[11 / 2 / 3]

No.54914606 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Previous thread >>54904244

I actually attempted to play the GBA contest (in Emerald) and won quite easily in very short time.
>It was the Cool Contest
>Ledian, the nobody remembers and nobody cares about pokemon
>Double Team + Agility
>Sunny Day + Solar Beam
>I forgot where to get the Scarf for contest so I won without it and got it after the event
>I didn't need to get more berries besides the ones I already had to increase the Coolness very high with the cubes

This would have never happened in the DS version, the GBA version is much easier, this is the reason:
>Making poffins requires the best of the best berries and good skills
>If you make decent poffins, you are likely to *barely* make it enough to get the Scarfs with the guy who provides them because it doesn't increase the contests stats that much
>so if you didnt get the scarf you better reset and make better poffins, make sure to save BEFORE making poffins and feeding your pokemon with any
>If you want to get the most optimal result, you must make poffins with friends and choose the right berries, which is impossible in emulator
>I actually had to farm the right berries multiple times
>Even if you get the scarf, when you play in the first stage of the contest, you have to dress up your pokemon with the most optimal setting that goes according to the theme, and getting those accoesories is no easy task...
>and even with that done correctly it is very likely that the NPCs will outperform you
>The dance stuff is pure skill but still not a fan of it
>The actual contest is fine, but substantially different than the GBA version, tho it still keeps the essence