Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[211 / 18 / 58]

What's the best Pokemon game of all time?

No.54995349 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have recently been replaying all the Pokemon games, and I've been trying to decide which one is the best Pokemon game of all time. And now I'm convinced that it's Platinum. Platinum is indeed the peak of Pokemon, with HGSS being a very close second.

Platinum just has everything you need in Pokemon: a Battle Frontier, Contests, Seals, Secret Bases, the Underground, the best Champion (Cynthia), cool locations like the Distortion World, etc... And Sinnoh in general is just the best region. It's such an exciting region to explore, with varied biomes and landscapes, etc. So after years of changing my opinion, I've reached the conclusion that Gen 4 is the peak, with Platinum in particular being the peak of the peak.

Sure, Platinum is not perfect. There ARE indeed too many HMs. And "saving a lot of data" is annoying too. And single use TMs is a flaw. But those are not game-breaking problems like some people try to claim. They're just minor inconveniences that in no way overshadow all the positives.

So yeah, this is my opinion. What's the best Pokemon game in your opinion?