Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[8 / 1 / 7]

Moves that should be removed or nerfed

No.55241385 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ever since gen 4 it feels like gayfreak has just stopped caring about moves having meaningful drawbacks and some of them are just plainly retarded, either due to how stupid they are or due to them becoming widely distributed these past few gens or both. One of the worst offenders by far is Close Combat, this move has been retarded since it's introduction and it requires no skill to abuse, has ridiculously high power, it's spammable and it's a Fighting type move, which means it's offensively incredibly, back in gen 3 the strongest Fighting moves were balanced around high risk, high reward, with Close Combat, there's just barely any risk and a lot of reward, it doesn't help that Fighting types in general already get amazing coverage, which ruins the few things that could switch in to check this abortion of a move, one of said moves and the next one I'd bring up is Knock Off. Gen 3 is my favorite, way back when Knock Off was just a simple utility move with very low power, it was balanced around that, fairly well designed, then gen 6 comes around and massively buffs it's power while still allowing it to have it's amazing utility, it's a no commitment move that again, does insane damage, is spammable and has no drawbacks. What are you lads' thoughts on my retarded ramblings? Any moves you think are equally stupid and should be neutered?