Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[196 / 151 / 38]

/ef/ - Eevee Friday

No.55314787 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Defiant Statement Edition

2 hours, 24 minutes, 57 seconds.
That's how long these two pieces took me to draw, not including the like 5 minutes on the background which really doesn't matter because I didn't draw that. Respectively each piece took 75.9636~ minutes, and 68.9996~ minutes.
I specifically even went out of my way to make the Eevee harder to draw, tracing upscaled Gen 1 pixel art and using a GIF that's probably older than me for a palette, just so I could prove a point. You don't need to be good at this to make something worthwhile.
Before drawing this, I only had about 9 art pieces to my name. 3 really shitty originals from 2016, three pixel art pieces meant for 88x31 buttons, and three unrelated traces.

Excess time is certainly a luxury, one that is only sparingly available to those who have responsibilities, but it doesn't take much of it to draw. If you work a 9 to 5, you could reasonably do what I did within that time span from getting home at 6 to going to bed at 8, if you hunkered down and focused on it.
I have no skill, had a fucking trackpad. If I can do it with the excess time I have between college classes, you can do it too.

This is a thread about celebrating adorable Eevee and its many awesome evolutions, each in your own way. I don't care how that takes form, whether it's you drawing art, writing a story about Eevee, or just talking about them passionately. (Evo-Gap Anon, I'm sorry about the lack of responses on my end, I'd respond but I don't know what I'd even add. Teraeon was the most I had to offer and that was obviously a dud.)
AI, by its very nature, is not about your own way. It's a tool, meant to generate a baseline to build off of. It's okay to post art you've created with the help of AI, but AI art itself is the AI celebrating for you, not you yourself.

Thank you for reading this asshurt rant, and have a nice thread.

Previous /ef/ thread:
>>55268153