Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[50 / 8 / 30]

Age 30+ thread

No.55558333 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Every board needs a thread for oldfags.

How has your relationship with the franchise been over the years? It's common to have an on-and-off relationship with Pokémon, especially considering the sheer amount of products and content available.

In my case:
>30 years old
>lived through generations 1 and 2, playing the TCG, Gameboy games, watching the anime and movies, etc.. The full "pokemania" experience.
>Completely stopped following the franchise from generation 3 onwards (~20 years)
>Returned last year after hearing news about Ash's ending in the anime.

The flame of nostalgia burns strongly in me now, and I became obsessed with the franchise again. For now, I'm only dealing with generations 1 to 3, just replaying the Gameboy games.
Obviously, it's not the same thing as the good old days, after all, I'm not really the target audience anymore and the "magic" has been somewhat lost. But it's been quite comfy to return to it, and I believe I'll end up giving a chance to play everything from generations 4 to 9.
I don't plan to watch anything, and MAYBE, just MAYBE, I'll get into the TCG scene in my city (I'll play the new mobile game for sure)

How about you? How has your relationship with Pokemon been? What products did you consume and stop consuming? Why did you stop or come back each time?