Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[133 / 18 / 1]

Typhloion Story - More complex than we thought?

No.56589051 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I see how everyone's saying how Typhlosion is a pedophile rapist and that's the story, but reading through it myself, I don't really see much evidence for that. In fact, the story seems more like a tragic allegory with a much deeper meaning.
Some details I noticed:
>The girl's age or status is never mentioned in the story
>The girl clearly has some form of attachment to the typhlosion, and he respects her wishes choosing to sacrifice himself at her request rather than kill her father.
>The girl was never fully human to begin with, or she had somehow turned into a spirit upon immersion in the "spirit world" (Eating food = Persephone?).
>It is apparent that a genuine relationship is built between the two over the course of several weeks to months - taking place during winter and ending in spring.

It's clear that there's a lot more to this story, and a lot of the glossed over details like specific developments in the relationship are are either up to interpretation, or are intentionally open ended as a stylistic choice that draws attention to specific overarching themes parallel to other "spirit away stories "(Dragon Palace, Kitsune Wives, etc).

One thought I have is that the girl is actually dead or represents the state of which, and the typhlosion is the personification of death, like Hisuian Typhlosion - a parallel to the stories of Persephone and Orpheus. Perhaps the father is supposed to parallel Orpheus in some way. Perhaps the girl forgetting about her home and eating berries (or food of the underworld) parallel Persephone. I'm not entirely sure tho. Another theory is that this represents a realization of the true inner self, given that perhaps the girl was never human to begin with - as a parallel to traditional selkie stories and Kaguya-hime.

What are your thoughts anons?