Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 2 / ?]

Projek Hikayat is a black company Mk III

No.14202043 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Previous threads:
>>13937917
>>14079333

Fuck me, I was typing a long-ass reply when the last thread died.

Anyway, these my thoughts on everything so far:

>Manika's behavior
I don't know if she's intentionally malicious and a leech as anons claim since I can't know how she thinks or acts behind the scenes. But it's fair to say at the very least that she lacks self-awareness, has a big uncontainable personality, doesn't respect boundaries and always has to be in the spotlight, judging from what anons alleged about her from that discord call/stream where she took away Duro's moment in her own server, made her exit the call in tears and then tried to make people sub to her. Then she proceeded to undermine Duro's authority on her own server even further (>>13940653). I don't know if throughout all that she was being intentionally toxic, or just had a complete lack of social awareness, but no matter the case, she seriously needs to re-evaluate how she acts around certain people and situations. Maybe you can blame a lot of that stuff on her avatar's persona, including cringeworthy lines like "this is my turf/server now", but that's not an excuse to act like that constantly. Plus, I'd be willing to bet most of that behavior is just her real personality anyway.

>Nick Nitro and fake sub drama
>pic related, I don't think anyone has posted the entire comment chain yet
I don't know who instigated the collab. Nick claims he approached Manika and not the other way around. I find that hard to believe, but let's assume it's true. Then again, we still don't know whose idea it was to have Nick rile up his audience into subscribing to Manika by promising to remix their favorite songs in exchange—which is the point of contention. For all we know, Nick might have thought he was doing a good deed by extending a helping hand to a smaller creator of his own volition without Manika's knowledge. No matter who was at fault though, it was an incredibly shortsighted move that would naturally only end up making Manika look bad; because when it's common knowledge that 3/4ths of your audience are illegitimate subs, how can you expect people to respect you? The fact that she skipped celebrating milestones and only brought up her growth once she surpassed Duroppu doesn't help either. Maybe she only sat on it because she was growing so fast, that it wasn't necessary to mention it until the growth slowed down, since she could have celebrated a milestone and an hour later she would have surpassed it, so it was pointless to bring it up too soon. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. But at the end, whether she was being malicious or not, it only served to make her look even worse in the public eye.
Then of course, there's also the speech vomit that Nick Nitro sperged out towards the first guy who reasonably critisized Manika. Seriously, how can your first thought be that a Duroppu simp is just her in a sockpuppet account? That's even more schizo than people on this board calling every detractor a sockpuppet as well. This one line of his sticks out to me: "anyway, you're a sockpuppet account aren't you? you're that v-tuber girl Duroppu". I'm speculating, but it sounds like Manika planted this idea in his head. Interestingly enough, Manika later tweeted that "she reached a milestone but was to afraid to acknowledge it because it might go away". That to me sounds like she was feeling guilty for obtaining illegitimate subs. If she had actually worked to establish a loyal audience, she wouldn't be feeling like they'd go away at any moment.
Sidenote: The Herman guy sounds an awful lot like the OP of the original thread

>Projek Hikayat
I think they're displaying clear favoritism towards Manika. I don't think the're intentionally mistreating Duroppu, but they're definitely either ignorant, incompetent, biased in favor of Manika, or a combination of those. It baffles me that even in their latest statement, they never brought up anything regarding the Nick Nitro incident. Instead they decided to "refute" strawman arguments that nobody ever made. More specifically:

(continued in next reply)