Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[103 / 10 / ?]

But seriously, what will you do when a vtuber breaks down because of you or this board?

No.17892177 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A streamer I occasionally watched committed suicide a few days back. Knowing the context, the whole situation is eerily one-to-one with what essentially happens in Needy Streamer Overdose: cyberbullying, mental health deterioration, and eventual death.

> Meteoric rise to stardom in 2019, appear in magazines etc.
> A "massive" yab hit where she was using phrases often used by radical feminist communities in the internet
> Korean equivalent of /st/, youtube comments, etc. pour in to say that she is a whore, deserves to stop streaming, brigading channel to spam when live, spreading more rumors, etc.
> Probably 25% of the board were actual seething schizos, 50% were just there to troll and watch the chaos, and 25% normal people

> Things mostly seemed inconsequential but in early 2020 she has a mental breakdown stream out of the blue (think the vod is still there in twitch)
> Says she knows "you guys know you dont actually care about the rrat and false accusations, you're just here to make fun and torment me"
> "I see everything you write on /st/, you think I wouldn't know, even you guys say amongst yourselves that me being radfem is a schizo rrat that's not even true"
> "why are you doing this? do you find it fun making someone suffer and make false accusations?"
> Essentially suffering in silence since 2019 while streaming normally showing a happy persona
> Her mother fell into depression and committed suicide in front of her as a result of the constant internet hate
> She herself takes antidepressants and cut her wrists but it doesn't work
> Says she doesn't think she can mentally recover ever again
> Takes break, comes back after a while, streams "normally"

> In a recent stream she holds a turtle plushie and tells chat "this turtle's life is in your hands. Say let him live to save him"
> Speaks in turtle voice "please save me, I want to live, I don't want to die"

> Most of chat goes "die"
> "kill him"
> "just die"
> "please just suicide"

> Streamer says to turtle "See. Nobody wants to see you live."
> "You will die because of those people. This turtle will die because of you. The flame of life disappears just like that."

> Did not stream since then
> Weeks go by
> People wonder if she died
> Found dead in apartment in Feb 2022
> Youtubers and anitubers that initially spread this rrat and fanned the flames now under investigation

Maybe the timing is uncanny but it struck a chord with me. Now this streamer isn't exactly a vtuber but the vtuber scene is identical in terms of culture.

Random rrats go out of control and pile on vtubers (see Coco, Aloe, Kiara, Mori, and Haachama and Matsuri to a lesser extent), where everyone knows it's honestly not a big deal but still wants to pile onto the hate train just for the shits and giggles. Which put the streamers on hiatus. Random rrats against vtubers that go on forever that the vtubers themselves probably are very well aware of but pretend not to and act happy on stream.

The writing is on the wall that there is a ticking time bomb somewhere. A true mental breakdown (and/or suicide, or worse) by _someone_ isn't really a matter of if, but when, unironically. It happened a few days back, it happened to Ame-chan, it'll happen again. And largely because of the rrats too.

What will you feel when this ultimately happens? Knowing that you contributed to it. Being a part of the internet overdose. Feel happy that she is finally gone? Indifference? Move on to the next vtuber rrat? Pretend to be sad even though you too tossed in a hate message a while back?