Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[130 / 14 / ?]

The Japanese need to start learning Latin

No.3308677 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So you think I'm retarded. Even I think so, to a certain extent.

But do you see how Japanese people struggle with English? The V-Tubers? That is entirely based on the fact they're learning fucking phrases and spoken English. You need to understand what an indirect object is, what a direct object is, what a genitive is, etc, to really understand English.
Latin, for all it's uselessness as a spoken or written language, at least beyond a scientific lingua franca outside of English, is the best way to learn European grammar.

Let me show you what I mean:
>Puer amabat vehere equo.
What does this sentence mean? Well, for a highly contextual Japanese speaker, it's going to blow their fucking mind:
>The boy loved (to ride) riding the horse.
How do I know this? Because every single world you see there tells where it falls in the sentence via it's ending.
>puer = subject
>nominative singular of boy -- this is the subject as marked by the nominative case
>amo = verb, specifically past tense
>third-person singular imperfect active indicative of amō (to love)
>vehere = 'to do x'
>present active infinitive of vehō, to ride/be transported
>equo = instrument of means
>ablative singular of equus, meaning horse
If I change any of those sounds at the ending of each word, the sentence changes meaning:
>Amabit vehere pueri equi
>The boy's horses will love riding

I think through understanding the case system it becomes a million times easier to understand English. Nobody needs to know how to speak or listen or even write Latin, but understand it's grammar is a major boon for anyone struggling with English. Once you understand Latin's grammar you understand why an English word's place matters. You understand every language much better. Because you're forced to learn autistic linguistics.
More than anything though it fucking forces them to stop trying to speak it and start trying to understand it.