Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[65 / 9 / 39]

Newfound appreciation and respect

No.33174387 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey guys. I am a member in several underground rap discord channels and forums. Recently there has been a bit of a buzz about Calli on some of them.

At first I was thinking aren't these guys all about lyricism and wordplay, Calli has like none so why would they like her?

A respected member of this underground group started deciphering her lyrics and showed us the meaning behind some of her lyrics:
On Mera Mera: "C A double L, you already know."
I told him like come on, that's just her saying the letters of her name like how Snoop goes "D O double G". But he told me that she was also alluding to how the unicorns see her as a "call" girl, wanting her to do as they say just because they pay her. I never knew that's what she really meant and I was kinda mind blown.

After that, the another rap elder in the channel shared this with us:
On RIP: "Nice try stopping the motherf*cking DaVinci".
I was like dude that's just her comparing herself to DaVinci like how rappers like to compare themselves to Michael Jordan. But he showed me that I was truly wrong. She was actually making a historical reference to when DaVinci, aged 24, was arrested and held for homosexual activities with several men and she draws a parallel to herself with how the unicorns are trying to "arrest" her for her homo collabs.

This really goes to show that even a guy like me who has listened to hiphop for over a decade can miss out on the deeper meanings of good lyrics. I hope this gives you guys a newfound appreciation of her music.