Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[29 / 4 / 12]

Who is behind VShojo?

No.39883917 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok. I have a bit of a mystery. I was curious about the people behind VShojo, and I discovered that there's a strangely heavy veil of secrecy, so to speak, around this. Of course VShojo takes privacy and security seriously as they should, but it's odd how non-Vtuber associates are hidden. So if you go to the about section of the VShojo website, there are 3 founders listed. The first is the CEO Gunrun; the second is CTO MowTenDoo. Both have Linked In and their Twitter + Twitch accounts are by their listings on the website. The 3rd is listed only as Apek. No job title is given. No socials are listed. At the beginning of the Anime Expo panel, he is introduced as COO and he gives a short speech; He acknowledges that he has been behind the scenes but gives no description of his role or work, he thanks the staff of VShojo (who?), and he talks about being with VShojo since the beginning. On Warosu, someone suggested a connection with a reddit account called BatouHeisei an account dedicated to VShojo promotion. The only other reference to a Batou Heisei is a LinkedIn account which is very sparse. If I understand what it means when "Advertisement" is below the name on LinkedIn, they are in the Advertisements business. This does suggest somewhat that this is the owner of the reddit account as that account is used to advertize. The location on LinkedIn is Greater Houston. According to Wikipedia, VShojo is headquarted in LA, but the "discrepancy" could be explained by unupdated location or that this person works remotely. So does Apek=BatouHeisei? I will introduce an rrat I saw on Warosu that Apek is Melody's husband who is a lawyer; I don't know where this came from or have any evidence supporting it. Also, reverse image searches using the image which represents Apek on the VShojo website (image relatednessand) yields nothing. However, I encourage trying it yourself because there may be tools I am unaware of.
Beyond Apek, I wonder what VShojo's business operations look like. How many people work at the company? I know Merryweather is doing the lore but I don't think he's an employee. I think artists are commissioned/contracted instead of using in-house artists. There must be legal, but I think that is typically hidden anyway. But considering the large presence, there must be more. There are now 11 talents. This can't be run by a company of only a few people, right? Who gives tech support when talents need it? Also, is there creative direction? Was anything about VShojo behind the scenes revealed at the Anime Expo panel such as in the QnA? Please share any information you can.