Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 3 / 13]

My Chronological Experience with Hololive, Nijisanji, and Indie VTubers.

No.54441192 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
HOLOLIVE: I first started with Hololive, just like most as it was pretty mainstream. Great to watch to just get started with desu, cute livers and chill as not too much "unseiso" stuff if you'd like a break from that. Would say it's not as creative nor funny as Nijisanji livers which I will get to. All livers are about as funny as childrens shows.

NIJISANJI: I've been watching Hololive for years, then I suddenly got recommended a Nijisanji vtuber who I will not name but y'all could guess. I then thought, "Wow, just the same as Indies with their dark humor and the fresh terminally online comedy of teens." Then it struck me, somehow I felt nostalgia...

To explain it a bit better, I would like to relate it with old youtubers. It reminded me of the times where people on Youtube were genuine about their content and what they provide for the fans. I first watched Pewdipie when he just started out and it seemed much more enjoyable than the Pewdiepie now which honestly, he's just doing it now for himself. Same with most popular youtubers. I then switched to youtubers with less fame and unsurprisingly, they provide much better entertainment. Though it's not just fame that changed him, it's also time. The longer you do something, the less it becomes something for others once you've perfected your way. Anyway, point is the best livers/streamers/youtubers will never be mainstream.

INDIES: I got experimental with it. I looked for Indie vtubers. Hololive and Nijisanji would cease to exist without Indies. Indies started this Vtuber thing too and generally they'd have much higher talent with also a larger pool.

But why do I choose corpo? I have Indie streamers that I enjoy but what they lack is quantity. With corpo, more people mean more inside jokes and more collabs and more entertainment. I enjoyed that about Hololive and Nijisanji.

Welp that concludes my title post.

Next, imma rant about the Holo vs Niji. Cause it's quite relevent rn and also stupid.

"Nijisanji is so unstable and more people graduate" - Well one reason is more people and bad management but also Hololive JPs could be comparable to having a lot graduating and unstable management too. The 2% thing is bad but they can still make a lot of money and buy a literal house.

"Hololive is less entertaining to watch and much slower with 3D, events, and stuff" - Less people to work with, and higher restrictions on what "unseiso" things you could say. It's cartoon network vs adultswim. Go choose what to watch. Entertainment is subjective.

Conclusion:
In the end though, it's not really the company/brand people should be against but the management. Same with all other companies. You'd think a smaller employee base is what you should look for if you want more career security since they'd see more importance the lesser, well not necessarily since that will eventually grow too so... get to reading your contracts and haggling some more in vain. Let's just support these streamers with what we can and ignore that fancy label cause it's all in the same reality.