Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[225 / 21 / ?]

vtuber contracts

No.5703220 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Would it be possible for someone like Kiryu coco to buy her virtual avatar and keep using it outside of hololive?

Now, I have to say, I know very little about the behind the scenes part of vtubing and I've done minimal research on the reasons for Kiryu Coco's graduation, but something it leaves me wondering is - would it be possible for someone like coco to buy her character and continue as an independent vtuber with the same character or perhaps even move to another agency?

I am aware she has her kson channel on youtube and am guessing, she's quitting hololive to stream there with a more relaxed schedule, but who knows, maybe there is money involved. I mean, of all the hololive JP members, she seems like the one who could probably earn a lot more as an independent vtuber - especially now that she is famous - which kind of reminds me the tfue and faze clan story and how apparently a lot of these internet celebrity agencies have licenses for not just the person they're signing, but the 'likeness' of the person - as in, the agency holds the rights to the caracter you portray, even if that's just being you. Which means, vtubers are actually in a very similar position to traditional internet celebrities, so it shouldn't be imossible just very expensive? And possibly a complicated process, as hololive probably has her 'likeness' invovled in who knows how many advertising contracts.