Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[29 / 5 / 1]

What's stopping a particularly reviled vtuber from wiping the slate clean and starting over?

No.72713965 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know "reincarnations" are common, but in those cases, vtubers deliberately leave enough connections to funnel their old fanbase to their new account. What I'm thinking of is when a vtuber is so universally hated that they know they will never be accepted into polite society ever again. That no vtuber fan will give them the time of day, and normies who start off watching them will learn of their past misdeeds the moment they engage with the wider vtuber fanbase.
The thing about the vtuber medium is that if you're smart about hiding your face and your RL identity, you can reincarnate as many times as you like and no one will be none the wiser. Change your style. Play a different genre of game. You don't even have to change your voice, as you can wave off any similarities as coincidental. Be willing to deny any connection to your past life - don't just go "I don't know what you're talking about, never heard of that person", actually take it seriously: "I've heard of that vtuber and how horrible they are, I don't want to even be compared to that person".