Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 4 / ?]

No.732029 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok I know you guys have kinda covered some of these issues, but I want to know your thoughts. I have zero interest in vtubers I just lurked the thread thinking it would be some community watch tier autism. But how do you guys feel about the vtuber industry? Especially in comparison to say, the idol industry? I'm asking because to me, this just seems like an extension of it as the girl is the product. My questions are:

1) Do you think this will end up like the idol industry with lots of cases of abuse in the background? What makes you think it wont go that way?

2) You already talked about one vtuber having a stalker, do you think many of the girls are aware of the crazy they are cultivating? Because idolfans are batshit and the parasocial relationship stuff is another reason I see this as idols 2D edition, and it's a legit danger imo.

3) This is KF, you guys should be familiar with how internet careers end up they either don't last or the individual ends up like DSP, hating their videogame playing life but having no exit. How fucked do you think these girls are in a few years when people look at other trends, and the girls all have a hole in their CV saying "played videogames". Internet streaming careers seem like a special kind of hell that fuck you up long term.
Am I wrong in thinking this will be like idolshit, and fuck up everyone involved while fans continue to support the industry? I don't get the appeal of vtubers, and if you enjoy them, you do you. Your thread seems nice enough but I just don't see it working out, especially as the market reaches oversaturation.