Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[38 / 5 / 1]

No.82179442 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I didn't like Biboo's 3D showcase last night at all. I avoided posting during it so as to not piss anyone off, but I have to air my grievances.

My biggest criticism is actually a simple one: Having the loading screens and pre-rendered moments just diminished from her live sections. See pic related, and then compare it to the mock Elden Ring fight she did. In a ten second clip, the animator could do more with Biboo's model than the girl herself. I'm not expecting her to do flips and leap into the air, but the most she did was flop onto the floor.

With that in mind, a hard truth has to be confronted as well, and that's that Biboo's doesn't stand out as an idol, at least not yet. Her singing voice is nothing special, and because of her muted color palette she doesn't really "pop" when put next to other holomems. It doesn't help that her extremely long hair means she looks uncanny when facing away from the viewer, and her big skirt made it hard for her to emote properly without having her hands clip through constantly.

Why was the Souls boss section bad? Because it felt like they had a good concept but zero clue how to execute it. Even if you ignore the woozy camera angle lazily grafted behind her head and the fact that she immediately dies to Kaela, it was overlong. Biboo isn't that good at improv, so she mostly just yelled and made noises, while the boss did one single move for what felt like ten minutes straight. I'm also not really a fan of objects being a physical thing the talents are holding, like Shiori's umbrella. They can pick things up, Cover Corp, you don't need to hard cut and have a fake loading screen just to place something in their hand for a few seconds.

I also need to get autistic about the Pebblemon fight. I hated it. Now you might read that and think I'm being unfair, but there's a reason: Pebbles are Biboo's mascot, not other vtubers. It literally makes no sense to have them all get variants for themselves, because that suggests pebbles are a general Hololive mascot and not unique to my gem wife. If you think that's egregious, ask why after Pebblemon, Biboo started awkwardly introducing some weird bunny thing that I swear I've never seen in my life.

Last but not least, this 3D was short. Biboo even says so at about 45 minutes in, before get the typical merch shilling and a song that feels out of place. Don't tell me this is an unnecessary complaint, because just look at Kaela's 3D, where even as it extends past an hour she's right there reciting poetry. Why did Biboo get a text crawl instead?

>TL;DR Biboo's 3D showcase, while somewhat better overall than Shiori's, felt very at odds with her character, rushed out with little planning and made her seem like an extra rather than a true idol