Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[25 / 8 / 1]

No.86376592 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Why do Vtubers have all this lore behind their designs that ultimately just go to waste?

Between Myth and Council, there's so much effort that went making them these mythical creatures and celestial concepts, and having their designs match each other, and finding the right person for the right character. It's like they're trying to build a big cinematic story or legend or something, that we never get to see.

And then when someone graduates or goes their own way, it's like that bit of "story" has already ended before it even truly began. Vtubers are like "cute anime girls" that are live on stream, they're "real", but where's the "anime"? It just makes me think. What if Vtubing was more like an immersive, cinematic experience? Where all the streams, the games they play, the songs they sing, whatever else, becomes part of a bigger ongoing narrative being written live before your very eyes, or something?

I don't know, each of the HoloEN generations feels like the main characters of an anime that should be on its fourth season by now, with the greatest story ever told, but all we see is the slice-of-life moments away from that story. And that just makes me feel like something is missing.