Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 3 / ?]

The lowest point in Kizuna Ai's career?

No.9790353 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know, i know. Another Kizuna Ai thread but this really might be the lowest point in Kizuna Ai's career has ever been and we really need to discuss this. Kizuna Ai released a cover a little over 3 days ago that has garnered 33k views. I think Anya got more views than that on her first cover in the same amount of time. If that wasn't bad enough, who they collabed with is the more concerning part and the level of desperation becomes clear.

Tari from Meta Runner is probably a name you've never heard up if you browse here. With a little googling we find that it's from a web series that was from a little over 2 year ago by SMG4 or Super Mario Glitchy 4. Meta Runner did have a second season in late 2020. This Tari character might've appeared recently in SMG4's main project of Mario videos but I don't think that's important for what I'm about to show here. You would think that maybe this SMG4 isn't as popular as Kizuna Ai but you'd be wrong. He has more subs than her and his recent video has garnered 1 million views after a little over 3 days as well. What this tells me is she gained nothing from this collab and there was very, very, very little overlap between the audiences.

Though, this might not be a fair comparison since their audiences are different and SMG4 gets a bigger boost for using a popular IP like Nintendo as his base for "creative" works as it were, I think it's best to just lay it out as for the reason why she did this odd collab. Kizuna Ai sits at 396m in lifetime views for being in the vtuber game for over 5 years now. SMG4 having an account that is over 12 years old, but it doesn't seem like he started his Mario machinima content until just over 10 years ago, sits at 2.380b lifetime views. Yes, over 2 billion views is what he has at this point and Kizuna Ai didn't even get a fraction of the attention from this "Under the Sea" cover collab. Is she doomed to be the butt of jokes as a vtuber or is there a possible renaissance in store for her? If I was a betting man, I'd say the former is likely what the next 5 years have in store for her.