Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[74 / 11 / ?]

Why is /vt/ so toxic?

No.9905498 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know a lot of you won't even read this post and will either just accuse me of bait, insult me for using the word "toxic" or claim that this is a widespread problem on 4chan in general and not exclusive to this place (and this would ironically prove my point) but I post regularly on /v/, /vg/, /vr/, /int/, /out/ and /lit/ and this is the only board where I feel that people are really fucking toxic, for instance:
>You get looked down upon if you like certain chuubas here
>You get looked down upon by japanese speakers here if you only speak english
>There are several troll/bait threads daily
>Several narratives (most with no basis on reality) created just to hurt the girls
>Daily hate threads towards the girls
>Tribal wars between different agencies
>Superiority complex of some towards people who mostly watch clips
>Can't ask a single question regarding some event that happened otherwise you'll get insulted and told to search the archives
This is really sad because this could have been the best place to talk about vtubers on the internet. I refuse to go to meme sites like Reddit or Resetera, but /vt/ is also really fucking bad because it feels like there are more trolls and people who only want to spread hate here than anywhere else. I feel like most people here for some reason want to feel superior to other people, especially to the ones who are new to the hobby or who don't have the same "knowledge" about events or streams as them and this leads to most of the toxicity in this board. We're all here because we share the same interest, just because you have more "knowledge" about it because you've been watching chuubas for longer doesn't make you better than someone new or someone who rarely watches streams because of their personal circumstances, so please if you are like this, give some thought to your actions and your way of thinking. The only other places similar here I guess would be /pol/ and /jp/, maybe this is their influence leaking into this board. I just really wanted to get that off my chest because this is probably my last post here, sorry if anyone got offended, feel free to disagree with me and write your reasons for doing so if you want to. Thanks for reading.