Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[60 / 33 / ?]

Sorrow

No.5491087 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
There are many people out there that have been through much in their lives. Some more than others.
I would like to share with you now my life so far.
I grew up in a smallish college town in California and went to a high school where getting straight A's actually meant something. I have always been good with my hands and began taking as many shop classes as I could fit in at my junior high and high schools. I built a 16ft catapult for my 9th grade wood shop class, but I found my passion in my junior year of high school.
Robotics
I joined the F.I.R.S.T. robotics team at my high school and knew then and there what EXACTLY I wanted to do with my life. In my senior year I was the mechanical team leader and every chance I got, I would tell people about what an amazing thing it was. This brings me to how I met my wife, she saw the passion I had for my work and she fell in love with it. She told me she liked me the last day we had class together, my response to her asking if I wanted to go out and do something with her? "Sure, why not." Those three words changed my life. Our first date was to a ComBots event(think Battle Bots) and we both had a great time. I proposed to her at a FIRST robotics competition. I planned it 9 months ahead of time, got her to volunteer to help on the field and then drove out into the field in a robotic armchair with the mic in front of about 3-4 thousand people. When I dropped down on one knee I could no longer hear myself speak through the mic over the roar of the crowd. The look on her face I will never forget. I tried doing the community college transfer to a 4 year plan but dropped out of that after a year because I couldn't motivate myself with my depression. I still continued my participation in the robotics team after high school as a mentor, but my passion began to wane for it. You know those stories of people that ended up playing 12+ hours of World of Warcraft living with their mom, that's what I became. TBC.