Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[7 / 3 / 7]

No.1167404 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I think this is the best place to ask. Redirect me if I'm wrong. It's not necessarily something I want to do, but it's more of a thought experiment.
I was just thinking to myself of what the best way to poll a board would be. Say you wanted to figure out what /a/'s favorite anime was, /g/'s favorite operating system was, /tv/'s favorite movie was, /v/'s favorite game was, etc. How would one try and go about it?
Is it even possible to have a trustworthy vote? There's difficulties in holding polls through sites like strawpoll or google, because those are susceptible to multiple voting. You also have to ensure that people will be able to trust the results. Moreover, there's difficulties in keeping threads alive long enough to ensure that sufficient people would see the poll and be able to take part in the vote. You'd have to be able to reasonably say that "enough" people saw it. Many more people might not even bother to participate.
Is it even possible to hold a poll that could reasonably be seen as definite on a site like ours? It's probably even counterintuitive to the idea of an anonymous site, frankly, but it's more of a thought experiment.