Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 3 / 6]

Sight and Sound poll for anime?

No.1196849 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Every 10 years film critics and directors vote on the greatest films ever made. The result is the Sight and Sound poll, the last of which was published in 2012. Is there something similar for anime? A reliable 'best of' list? It need not follow the exact same format, but should focus on quality & influence over popularity.

The reason I ask is that I'd like to watch more anime and I've yet to find a good guide to help me choose what to watch next. What I've seen so far I've enjoyed.

The anime films I've seen are Akira, Paprika, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky and Belladonna Of Sadness.

The anime series I've seen are Cowboy Bebop (+film) and I'm about to finish Evangelion + EoE. I've also seen about half of Death Note.

I also saw the Macross portion of Robotech as a kid, but I don't think that counts.

I'm looking at Death Note (2nd half), Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Black Lagoon, Samurai Champloo or Attack on Titan as possible next watches.

Knowing this are there resources you can guide me to?

Thanks!

PS. Please only recommend films/series which have subtitles available.