Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[7 / 2 / 3]

Suggestions: SSD and may be m2 port died

No.1392634 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>be me
>have a pc I've been building up to for years
>been dragging a fucked up installation of windows for years, stuck in a 50gb partition
>During those years bought an ssd for the m2 port, but never bothered with reinstalling windows
>Decide a couple of weeks ago to expand: buy an extra ssd for the other sata port and decided to create a new windows installation on the m2 ssd
>Setup everything, working just fine
>Last night arrived from work and pc booted up to "recovery mode"
>In a fit of hurry restarted the pc
>Big mistake
>Start getting some blue screens, first requesting to do stuff like recovery mode but then to BSOD
>BSOD message was: system thread exception
>Additionally it mentioned the file ntfs.sys
>Digging around thought it was something up with the boot drive
>Stuck on this BSOD each boot, cannot change it
>Tried to hot swap the drive
>Doesn't work either
>That ssd has been corrupting files for at least 2 years, every now and then, so I consider it simply is faulty af
>Decide to replace ssd: get a new one and try to reinstall windows 11 again
>New ssd arrived
>When installed, it boots to the bios screen, but doesn't move forward to any boot option, let alone the bios configuration
>after some swapping come to the terrible suspicion that the mobo is dying
>The mobo already has the lan port failing and killed the pcie port where I had installed a wifi card
>Technically I can work all of this by running the sata ssd as boot drive but I'm kinda back to square one

Should I say fuck it and get a new mobo? Or should I try to work by with the sata drives until I decide to get a new mobo with better budget?

Currently I'm on the budget and desperately phone posting.

Pic unrel