Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 3 / ?]

I'm new to anime. Help?

No.158480 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello, Everyone.

As the subject says, I'm very new to anime and I don't really know what to watch. I'm also new to /wsr/ and /a/ although I was on 4chan a few years ago. So please go easy on me.

Yes, I know, I've checked out a lot of recommendation flipcharts or graphics, but here's the thing:

I can't really find one, that I like.

I watched Attack on Titan last week and was completely in love with it. Only trouble: It took me just one night to finish it all.
And the last time I watched anime before that was maybe 5 years ago, when I saw the 2003 series of FMA and Elfen Lied. Both were truly amazing.

Now, why I'm asking you guys for help is this:
I've checked out mutliple animes for me to watch, but there was always something bugging me.
Darker than black seemed fine at first, but I realized that there isn't really a strong main story to follow. Although there is a development, all the episodes are to the most part independent stories on their own. That bothers me a lot as I like to see a continuously developing storyline and the protagonists working towards a goal.
Other options for me were Kabaneri of the Iron fortress, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Deadman Wonderland. However, they're all probably just a "one-night-stand-anime" as well, since they have only one season each.
FMA Brotherhood also isn't an option for me since I still know very well what's happening in the 2003 series.

It's kinda hard to match my taste because the only thing I usually watch or read (series, movies, anime, books ) is Sci Fi, Fantasy or Something along that direction. It all needs some kind of twist, some kind of mystery to be revealed as well for it to be interesting to me. Black Lagoon, for example, lacked that. Although it's probably a very good anime. What really made me love Attack on Titan was the mystery behind their origin, their different behaviours, etc.

So... Can you guys give me a recommendation or any advice? Or are my expectations just too high?