Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 4 / ?]

How do I get rid of Indian Mynas?

No.463359 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I live in Victoria, Australia and these birds are a menace. They're an invasive species, they destroy the habitats of native birds, they're noisy, they shit everywhere, and I want them off my property.

Weapons are illegal where I live. No guns, no slingshots, no nothing. Don't suggest I shoot them because that's simply not an option.

I heard cage traps are successful, but I don't like the idea of handling live birds so I'd rather use that as a last resort.

I've been trying to poison them for a good while now, but to this day, I'm unsure of the results. If I've ever killed one, it's after they fly off and die somewhere else. I've tried numerous things like the old Baking Soda mixed with bread, instant potato, uncooked rice, but again, if any bird stomachs have overloaded, it's after they fly away. Same applies to ant/roach dust, washing powder, random expired medication from friends and family, etc. I tried Kerosene and Mineral Turpentine once but they don't even bother eating it after one of them has a nibble and gives the warning signal.

Any suggestions?