Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 8 / ?]

No.554128 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Where can I find anime that is actually good these days?

I feel like the analogy "A diamond in the rough," isn't enough to explain how rare it is for me to find something with decent plot. Everything is either a ridiculously exaggerated stupid fight scene using mecha, spirit energy, or some stupid gimmick of technology biology summoning spell bs, or it is all some cookie cutter rehash of 1 guy and 8 girls swooning over him.

I miss the 90's where the males were faulty and manly. They had perverted thoughts and sometimes acted upon them. I miss when females would say no to ecchi situations because it was realistic, and not some foreshadowing into a wet dream fantasy they have of the man who's asking. I miss when battle scenes were dramatic and tragic, rather than random and filler content.

I miss when stories had substance and twists. Originality. I just rewatched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I'm just surprised shit has gone so downhill after a 2 season, 1 movie anime like that. Cowboy Bebop was great, too. Even the filler episodes were comedic and witty. And there is only so many times I can watch Studio Ghibli content before I start reciting shit word for word.

Where can I stay up to date on anime? And where can I see reviews/previews of stuff before I waste the time watching the first 2-3 episodes before deciding it is another cliche cookie cutter anime?