Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 5 / ?]

Computer is crashing only when I play games, not the GPU

No.591993 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey anons
I am having problems with my whole PC crashing 10-20 minutes after starting any game
It started doing this a couple months ago and I just stopped gaming
I never experienced any crashes outside of gaming, so naturally I assumed my old video card was dying
I upgraded my videocard a couple days ago to a 1080 ti and I have the exact same problem
The interior of the case was dusty so I cleaned it all out, sprayed out the PSU and heat sink and all the fans
Problem remains
The crashes are not producing dump files despite me telling windows to make small dumps, I don't even seem to have a minidump folder
I'm not getting blue screens, the whole PC just reboots in the middle of playing a game
I even played games with the side of the case open and checked my temps with SpeedFan, still crashes after a few minutes of gaming but the temps are well within normal gaming bounds
I ran a memory diagnostic with the windows tool and found no problems with my RAM after two passes
My motherboard and CPU are just under two years old
My PSU is a Corsair 750W so I don't think its a power supply problem but I have no idea how to check
It only crashes with games but doesn't seem to be a temperature issue at least according to SpeedFan
Please help anons I don't want to have blown $500 on a new card for nothing desu