Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.726210 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I built a new PC that's currently no more than a few weeks old now. Its running Windows 10 LTSC. I'm having a weird issue where the system seems to freeze when left sitting idle for some reason (upwards of 15 minutes or so). Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) this seems to happen rarely and randomly without a discernible cause or correlation. Here's some things I tried when googling it:

>caused by windows trying to defrag drives
I have no HDDs in the system, only SSDs. I also checked to see if the disk defrag/optimize service ran just to be safe, but from what I can tell it did not.
>caused by windows downloading updates while idle
I turned this off as well, didn't help.
>caused by power settings, particularly the hard drive being turned off
I turned this off too, also did not fix the problem.

I think I've exhausted all google solutions now with no change. The last and most recent time this happened it froze at my lock screen, which was nice because it told me the exact time the freeze occurred. However I checked Event Viewer to find something to correlate it to and turned up absolutely nothing. Since the system is freezing Windows isn't generating any error logs either. I want to also note that I never experience anything similar when any of the hardware is under load, be it GPU or CPU.

Please help.