Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 4 / ?]

No.733141 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm looking for an anime that has released in the past year that I'll hopefully enjoy. I was recommended Promised Neverland because I mentioned liking Made in Abyss to a friend and I thought it was pretty average, I've been watching the second season of Mob and it seems fairly inconsistent with some episodes being really fantastic and others being average while still looking nice. Other than that I haven't seen anything made in the last year or so.

In 2017 I thought Rakugo, ACCA, Natsume Yuujinchou, Uchouten Kazoku, Made in Abyss, 3-gatsu, Houseki no Kuni, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, and Girls' last tour were all really good, even though half of them were sequels to preexisting franchies I already liked. But overall I thought it was an incredibly strong year with like four shows I could consider AOTY.
2018 had Sora Yori, Hinamatsuri, Lupin, and Cells at work that I enjoyed. But SoraYori was pretty much the shoe in for AOTY for me.

From just looking at the overviews on seasonal charts nothing is really jumping out at me and I haven't been able to keep up with any of the seasonal discussion to catch any gems. So if you have anything you liked that might allign with my tastes please let me know.