Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

Weird problem with monitor

No.744315 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I haven't found much info online and the few fixes suggested are all software related and that does not make any sense, my problem seems to be a hardware issue.
>one day, as my computer is booting, monitor fails to turn on, blue light on top flashes on for a split second and so does the screen, but faintly. Screen does that a few times before turning on successfully. No such problem if the screen was on for a while, screen can be turned off/on immediately.
>as months go by it gradually takes more and more time before it successfully turns on, eventually taking anywhere between half an hour and an hour.
>At some point I realize that for whatever reason unplugging my monitor from my computer, waiting till the screen turn, and then plugging it back dramatically decreases the time required back to only a few seconds.
>Months later that also gradually stops being effective
Cable works just fine, if I use a different monitor (identical model) I have no problem, and the original monitor does not work if I plug it in a different computer. It's obviously a problem with that monitor specifically. Is it a capacitor inside that burnt out? How would I find the problem and fix it?