Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[149 / 52 / ?]

Judgement

No.11898642 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
(1 of 2)

https://biblehub.com/parallel/john/8-15.htm
https://biblehub.com/john/8-15.htm

"You judge according to the flesh; I am not judging anyone." - New American Standard Bible

"Ye judge according to the flesh, but I judge no man as yet:" - Worsley New Testament

"You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one." - New International Version

"You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone." - New Living Translation

"Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man." - King James Bible

There are only really three different ways this passage is phrased. The NASB passage which makes sense, the Worsley passage which suggests he delays judgement but I do not believe that, and then every other passage is just "I do not judge" which is bullshit when compared with 1 Samuel 16:7 and John 7:24.

John 3:17 and John 12:47 on the other hand support the "I do not judge" notion but I'm pretty sure that God is a judge, is discerning, and judges rightly. So what am I even to think about this "I do not judge" nonsense?

NASB reads to me like "at present I am passing no judgement on anyone" but most other passages read to me like "I am not a judge, I do not judge anyone ever". If god doesn't judge anyone than why is righteousness (even his righteousness) required? Why does he clearly demonstrate his ability to discern motives and judge people correctly all throughout the bible?

judge
κρίνω (krinō)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular
Strong's Greek 2919: Properly, to distinguish, i.e. Decide; by implication, to try, condemn, punish.

judge
κρίνετε (krinete)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 2nd Person Plural
Strong's Greek 2919: Properly, to distinguish, i.e. Decide; by implication, to try, condemn, punish.

a judge
κρίνοντα (krinonta)
Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Singular