Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 4 / 4]

Race is rarely brought up here (or LGBT spaces in general)

ID:XPN24voF No.16275680 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Nobody really talks about how unbelievably racist queer communities can be and it's pretty much the same within the bi community. It was a big shocker for me. While it's no surprise that places like grindr are a cesspool of racism, I have even experienced it in other ("more accepting") online space and even in person (places like gay bars). I wish I could say "oh it's just the cis men" or "it's just the whites" but it's kind of spread out all across the board. Pesky skin color goes everywhere with you.

I read somewhere that marginalized communities can sometimes tend to feel like it's okay to punch down or sideways because they are also suffering. Just like there's so much homophobia and transphobia in immigrant and poc communities, there's also racism in queer communities.

Reflect on your actions and words folks. I hope all my bipoc queer people stay safe, happy and proud of all their identities.

Sidenote: the "pesky skin color" line is just satirical remark. I am very much proud of my honey golden caramel tan brown skin and I wear it with confidence.