Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[76 / 36 / 25]

"Jesus the Christ is God"

No.18351205 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I would like to use this thread to adress one of the most important issues of Christianity, "Is Jesus Christ God?"
To make it short, I absolutely believe so, and here are the passages which I believe tell us so the best.

To start a simple one, John 10
>30I and the Father are one.”

John 5 also has Christ saying
>46 If you had believed Moses, you would believe Me, because he wrote about Me.
where as Moses did write of God.

And Christ also said
>58“Truly, truly, I tell you,” Jesus declared, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
where as "I am" is a direct reference to how God called himself towards Moses
>14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.h This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
which is also the origin of the name "YHWH"

Israel is repeatedly likened to be a bride, prepared for marriage, with God as in Isaiah 62
>4No longer will you be called Forsaken, nor your land named Desolate; but you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be His bride.
This is the reasons that idoltry is often refered to as prostitution or adultery, as they are unfaithful in their spiritual marriage to God and whore around, prostating them before other "men", gods for some cheap money/weak blessing. However in this same fashion John refers to Christ as the bridegroom
>28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Christ, but am sent ahead of Him.’ 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom stands and listens for him, and is overjoyed to hear the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.
and even Christ himself
>19 Jesus replied, “How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while He is with them? As long as He is with them, they cannot fast.