Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 4 / ?]

Love Live is shit

ID:maF2OqaJ No.2684296 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, after living in Japan for three years and seeing Love Live all over the place I thought so many people can't be simultaneously retarded and had decided to see it for myself.
Turns out, I was wrong underestimating a number of genuine degenerates in this world - 4 episodes of this cheap shit was all I managed to endure.
The story was bland and stupid, the animation was shit, the characters were a bunch of worthless stereotypical cliches, and the only redeeming quality was the song by A-RISE which was okay.

Many months later, I went on a car trip while only grabbing my laptop and external HDD which only had a single Bruce Lee movie and the remainder of Love Live first season which I hadn't bothered to delete.
So, having nothing better to do, I've ended up finishing the season.

I thought I won't change my opinion regarding Love Live but I was wrong yet again. Love Live went from
>it's a cheap shit which is borderline watchable, thus not harmful but I have better things to do with my time
to
>IT'S A FUCKING PILE OF SOUL TORTURING EXCREMENTS

Not a single decent song for the whole remainder of the season.
Most of the characters don't have more than a single trait of the respective cliches they are trying to rip off. Some shows have deeper characters on the background.
Hell, 3-5 characters still remained "literally who" to me through the whole season.
Like one and a half main characters aren't genuine cretins. Watching their "interactions" during the second half of the season was unbearable.

The whole final conflict depended on everyone being a fucking retard to just work.

I thought people watched this shit for waifus. But now I'm confused. All of the "waifus" Love Live offers are shit.
There's plenty of cartoons which have strong waifu appeal - Lucky Star, Haruhi, K-On, Eva, Geass, Kanon, Ef, etc - I don't necessarily agree with this point of view but at least I can see where are people coming from. Love Live, however, is irredeemable.