Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[302 / 99 / ?]

Who actually READ the Bible?

No.8215169 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
It's pretty clear to me /pol/ hasn't read the Bible, so I just wanted to bring a few talking points to light. I'm going to paraphrase the important parts, but you can trivially look up any of the actual lines online (the Bible is free)

I'll begin with the earliest and most egregious error most people make when discussing the Bible. The incorrect belief that Adam was the first man, and Eve the first woman

>Genesis 1:26 God creates "man in our image" and lets THEM (multiple) have dominion over the fish, fowl, and cattle
>Genesis 1:27 God created "man"[kind]; MALE AND FEMALE he created them
>Genesis 1:28 God blessed THEM, and said to them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth

>Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God rested
>Genesis 2:5 But the plants were not growing, for God has not made it rain AND "there was not a man to till the ground"

Note that it doesn't say "there were not men". But that no man was tilling the ground. The men and women he had created were like animals, subduing nature but not tending to it

>Genesis 4:14 Cain (after killing Abel and cursed to wander the Earth) proclaims: "I shall be a fugitive; and EVERY ONE THAT FINDETH ME shall slay me" (there are other humans, despite Cain and Abel being the ONLY children of Adam and Eve)

The realization that Adam and Eve were not the first humans is important and meaningful. It means we're not all related. We don't all share common blood. And we are not all blessed by God.