Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!PDPmfgkE0E
[27 / 24 / ?]

Transparent WebMs thread

!PDPmfgkE0E No.2670217 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello and welcome to Project Cute Transparent WebMs or Project CTW for short.

It is not widely known that the VP8 codec found in WebMs can retain an alpha channel and this feature leads to smaller than GIF transparent animations. Anyway, it seems like nobody has popularized transparent WebMs and I want to change that by making a thread dedicated to them and amassing a collection for everyone. At the end of this thread I will collect all the transparent WebMs and upload them somewhere for the next thread for everyone else to have.

I can't do this alone, I need your help. Clean transparent GIFs are not easy to find or create.
There are 2 ways you can help:

1] Help me find/create clean transparent cute GIFs and post them here. Remember they have to be anime related. I will post their WebM version.

2] Convert them to transparent WebMs yourself and post them here. FFmpeg will retain the alpha channel of GIFs when you convert them. Below is the best set of parameters I think are ideal.

ffmpeg -i transparent_gif.gif -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 0 -qmax 50 -crf 22 -b:v 800k -quality best transparent_webm.webm

Currently both Opera 37.0 and Chrome 50.0 support transparent WebMs. I am not sure about the other browsers or mobile browsers. Thank you in advance to everyone who decides to help out!