Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[47 / 41 / 4]

4MB for 4chan

No.2703235 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /e/, kuchikirukia here.

Since I'm pretty autistic about video/picture quality, and I'm also autistic about workflows, I made a batch file that will use IrfanView from the command line to convert large images to fit within the 4MB file size limit of most of 4chan's boards.
I also made a .reg file to make context menus so it can be used with a right-click.

(there's also a 6MB and 8MB version)

It's super convenient. I was testing out the 8MB version here:
>>>/wsr/1233417
...and the 6MB at the end of my two year old Chinese Vocaloid thread here:
>>>/w/2187342

It prepends "4/6/8MB COMPRESSED" to each filename so you know there's a higher quality version out there.

Saves as 4:4:4 jpeg so as not to destroy the chroma.

I can go through the installer, batch file, and reg file line by line, but it's super simple. The installer just makes a directory in C:\Users\All Users, throws the batch file in there; makes two IrfanView INI files with the correct JPEG settings in there as well. The 4MB for 4chan batch file just checks if either IrfanView 32 or 64 bit exist (throws an error if they don't), and compresses with 32 bit if it exists, 64 bit otherwise, using the INI files that were created.
The reg file just assigns the context menu to JPG, PNG, BMP, TIF, TIFF, JPEG, JPE, and PSD.

https://github.com/sserdda-liamE/4MB-for-4chan