When people use "kys" on 4chan, it's really just the most aggressive form of "fuck you" they can use and have it stay up. Basically:>The mere suggestion of [X] is so unacceptable to me that you should terminate your existence for giving it credence. Full stop.
It is usually a sign of an inability or unwillingness to engage in genuine debate, as we see play out in the reply chain >>2779867
1. Person posts AI art, which due to its novel nature has no rule precedent and is inherent flamebait, and proclaims despite it not being relevant to the thread topic.
2. Considerate person considers this overly assertive and suggests they post it in the dedicated AI thread, which is an ad-hoc way for one to avoid conflict when others do not appreciate AI but one does
3. The AI Poster rejects this as "elitist," which makes no sense unless you consider a desire to avoid flamewars as elitist (it is not), and justifies their post by stating it is currently not against the rules, which is true but is not a weak justification.
4. They reply with an easy rebuttal:>there will be if you keep that up
5. The AI poster is, for whatever reason, unable to continue the argument but refuses to concede, hence "kys"