Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[62 / 13 / ?]

Wheels

No.1276311 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
General Wheels: discuss wheels related here-

ok,ill start with a big one:
im into road bikes, getting serious, joined a club and was gonna start racing a year go but had an accident and just now im finishing my recovery.

im a total noob to wheels. i have an alu bike very similar to a caad12 with 105 but wheels are heavy and also recently got some money so what better to invest it in a wheel upgrade. but theres so much info and options that i need guidance.

im planning on spending something like 400usd-600usd which i know aint much, but i think thats logic for a 1.2k bike. it just feels weird investing 1k on wheels for a 1k bike. or is this my first error?

honest ignorant questions:
-should i stretch the budget (can be done)
-for this money, carbon or good alu?
-mavic is oing mostly tubular, should i try to get something tubular or stay with clincher (wich is wha i have used all my life).
-buying used wheels, yay or nay? cause i was thinking on going used.
-and i know its very general but any brands/models i should look for? classic bang for the buck or something?

any pointer or whatever is greatly apreciated. people i know or are very cheap and use whatever wheels or spend 2k on wheelsets. no onw seems to know much about the middle range. and sorry for my english i know it sucks. cheers!