Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[84 / 12 / ?]

Is there anyone on here willing to admit they can't replace an inner tube?

No.1669297 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Or does anyone know of any cyclists who are either too dumb or too impatient to take the 30 minutes it takes to learn?

I have a friend who is new to road cycling and I've been trying to stress to him the importance of learning to replace an inner tube while out on the road. The guy (mid-30's) in question goes cycling 20-30 miles deep into the countryside, gets a puncture and then either calls his dad or uncle to come pick him up and save him from the walk home. He doesn't have a clue how to even begin to repair a tube and despite my numerous offerings, won't take the 30 minutes that's required to learn. I keep stressing the need to be independent and that it must be a bit embarrassing taking it to a bike shop and having to wait 24 hours to be repaired - to no avail. The guy literally goes cycling with nothing but his phone on him. No tools. No tubes. Not even a bank card or any money to get home via a taxi or something. The guy seems happy to selfishly ask others to come pick him up, which has happened 3 times in the last 2 months.

Is there any other way of getting through to people like this?

If your cycling buddy refused to learn, and got a puncture, would you bother to help them if you were present? Remembering that they have repeatedly turned down opportunities to learn and that it will be your tube and time you will have to use.

Sorry for the rant.

This guys just getting to me a bit and I know that eventually he's gonna get stuck somewhere stupid and nobody will be around to pick him up - then after the experience he'll probably just jack in the hobby.