Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 1 / 8]

I got caught driving without insurance - how should I challenge it in court?

No.1959866 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Long story short, I was caught driving my girlfriends car (while she was the passenger) without insurance or road tax (United Kingdom). It was a police traffic officer that caught me, their scanner thingy flagged up that my girlfriends car didn't have road tax and when they ran their checks they found out that my insurance for my own car doesn't cover other people's vehicles (my girlfriend also didn't hand insurance for her own car). After thinking long and hard about paying the £300 fine and taking 6 points on my license I declined because if I take the points then I will lose my job as a truck driver (I've only been driving a truck for over a year and if I get 6 points or more in the first two years I lose my HGV licence). Anyway, I genuinely believed that my insurance would cover me to drive her car but the FUCKING CUNT of a police officer didn't listen to me. The police are literally the bane of my fucking existence. How do I get out of this in court to save losing my job? I can't afford to lose my job as pretty much every job that I have had in the last 15 years has been a driving job (van courier, food delivery, HGV driving) and I literally don't knock what other job I could do.