Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 5 / 6]

Getting rid of the amtrak stop?

No.1962504 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I get that this is typically the opposite of what this board wants. But maybe some of you have experience with this.
I'd like for amtrak to remove my town from their stops, but not because I dislike trains as transport method, it's amtrak specifically.
Our downtown is centered around the train station, it had the familiar curve of dying as train services were shut down to being revived in last 10-15 years, it's about 25-30% hipster and rest are normal businesses that stuck it out during the dead years.
There are numerous parks built mostly by volunteers during the years and some by the city in the downtown area.
However they have been occupied by homeless and junkies and are virtually unusable by people who either built them or paid for them to be built.
I decided to figure this out, and spied on the homeless over the weekend to see what their habits are and where they are traveling to and from.
>This was not very wise, turns out they jerk off a lot and in public.
All in all every amtrak train deposited about a dozen of new homeless, and took only 2-3 with them. I haven't seen anyone who was not homeless use the service during my observation. I know these people are not governed by reason, but by convenience, so making it just slightly harder for them to make it to the nice downtown area seems like the easiest fix to the problem.
I don't think I can get amtrak to raise prices or for whomever is buying them tickets to stop, I might be able to cite some bullshit safety or noise reasons and campaign on that.
Any advice anons?
>Btw I'd love a real train service, especially to airports so I can leave the car at home instead of driving just for it to sit in an expensive parking lot for a week or two.