Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[47 / 1 / 17]

BIDEN PLEA DEAL THROWN IN THE TRASH

No.1195512 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
WILMINGTON, Delaware — President Joe Biden's son Hunter pleaded "not guilty" in court Wednesday after a federal judge in Delaware said she was not ready to accept a so-called "sweetheart" plea deal after the prosecution revealed the investigation was ongoing.

Hunter Biden, 53, through his attorneys, had argued the prearranged plea deal should be accepted in its entirety. It included the younger Biden pleading guilty to two misdemeanor tax charges and entering a diversion agreement for a felony gun charge.

U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika acknowledged during the hearing that the concerns she raised over the terms of the deal were a "curveball" after she had been expected to accept the arrangement.

"I am concerned you are taking provisions out of the plea agreement," Noreika said.

"You all are telling me to 'please rubber stamp this agreement, your honor.' I am not in a position where I can decide on the plea agreement," the judge continued.

When she questioned if the investigation into Hunter Biden was still ongoing, the prosecution said "yes," clarifying recent questions about whether the plea deal would mark the conclusion of the yearslong inquiry into the younger Biden's business dealings.

The attorneys for the Justice Department then remarked they weren't at liberty to divulge additional details about the investigation.

"Then why are we doing this piecemeal?" Noreika asked.

"I understand why you want to get this resolved but I'm not in a position to do so now," Noreika later added.

At the prospect of Hunter Biden seeing future prosecution, his attorney, Chris Clark, concluded, "As far as I'm concerned, the plea agreement is null and void."

Without the arrangement, Joe Biden's son could face up to 12 months in prison and a fine of $25,000 on each tax violation count, and a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail for the felony.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/hunter-biden-plea-deal-collapse-judge-charges