Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 0 / 7]

Another university is saved.

No.1240881 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Youngstown State University officially hires Ohio US Rep. Bill Johnson as next president

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/northeast-ohio/ohio-us-rep-bill-johnson-accept-job-youngstown-state-university-president/95-f8221c2b-dc65-4d29-82b3-515106388534
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Ohio U.S. Rep. Bill Johnson will leave Congress to accept the job as Youngstown State University's next president, the 69-year-old announced Tuesday.

Johnson, a Republican who has represented Ohio's 11th Congressional District since 2011, did not offer an exact timeline for his departure but says he will stay in the House of Representatives "for several more months" before taking over YSU. The school offered Johnson the position last week, the culmination of a search that began following Jim Tressel's retirement in February.

"As I’ve stated previously, I wasn’t looking for another job, because I love the one I have serving the people of Eastern Ohio in the U.S. House," Johnson wrote on X (formerly Twitter). "This was an extremely difficult decision."