Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[57 / 1 / 25]

BACKSTAB! Republican Senators side with Russia! Call Zelenskyy's Plead for help 'Grotesque'

No.1245120 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
WASHINGTON ― Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy made his third visit to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to appeal for U.S. aid as his country continues to suffer from deadly Russian bombings ― but he was met with a frosty reception from some members of the Republican Party.

“The idea of flying this guy in last-minute, effectively to badger and guilt-trip us, I just find grotesque,” Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) told reporters on Monday.

“This is purely designed to apply pressure on Republicans to give up their fight on the border and write another blank check to Ukraine,” Vance later said on Fox News. “I’m not doing it. I don’t think Republicans should go for it at all.”

“He’s been invited here by Joe Biden to come do the president’s bidding,” Sen. Roger Marshall (R-Kan.) claimed in an interview with the Family Research Council. “We don’t need another preaching message. Everything that can be said about Ukraine has been said. Not everybody’s said it, but everything has been said.”

Zelenskyy appealed to members of the Senate behind closed doors to continue to supply military aid to Ukraine. He reiterated that the U.S.’s financial obligations would be even higher in the future if Russian President Vladimir Putin is allowed to redraw the map of Europe.

“His message was simple: We’ve held our own,” Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) said after the meeting. “We can win. We’re going to keep fighting no matter what the United States does, but we need your help to win this thing. And Europe is watching. And the whole world is watching.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ukraine-zelenskyy-congress_n_65788287e4b0db9d2ab71782