Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[52 / 0 / 25]

CRACK ADDICT HUNTER BIDEN DEFIES HOUSE SUBPOENA

No.1245531 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/hunter-biden-defies-subpoena-enraging-republicans-1234927466/

Hunter Biden took House Republicans to task on Wednesday, defying a subpoena for closed-door testimony and instead delivering a statement outside the Capitol decrying the party’s efforts to impeach his father, President Joe Biden.

In November, Republicans subpoenaed Hunter, ordering him to appear before members of Congress to answer questions in a closed-door setting. Biden rejected the demand despite threats to hold him in contempt of Congress, instead offering to testify before the committee in a public setting, where his statements would not be subject to cherry-picking and selective releases by the GOP.

On Wednesday morning, Biden flouted Republican’s threats, delivering remarks at a press conference scheduled at the same time his deposition was set to begin, with the Capitol — and the furious lawmakers within — as his backdrop.

“I’m here today to make sure the House committee’s illegitimate investigations of my family do not proceed on distortions, manipulated evidence, and lies,” Biden said to told reporters. “For six years MAGA Republicans including members of the House committees who are in a closed-door session right now, have imputed my character, invaded my privacy, attacked my wife, my children, my family, and my friends. They’ve ridiculed my struggle with addiction, they’ve belittled my recovery, and they have tried to dehumanize me, all to embarrass and damage my father,” Biden said.

The president’s son stated unequivocally that President Biden “was not financially involved” in his businesses. Hunter admitted that he was “extremely irresponsible with my finances” but “to suggest that is grounds for an impeachment inquiry is beyond the absurd. It is shameless.”

“There is no fairness or decency in what these Republicans are doing,” he added.