Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 0 / 8]

UNCLE SAM CELEBRATE CHRI$TMA$ PUMP WORLD WIDE WEAPON BLOOD BATH URKAINE SYRIA GAZA SOMALIA U NAME IT

No.1250319 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Pope Francis blasts the weapons industry, appeals for peace in Christmas message

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-francis-christmas-peace-message-weapons-industry/

Pope Francis on Monday blasted the weapons industry and its "instruments of death" that fuel wars, as he made a Christmas Day appeal for peace in the world and in particular between Israel and the Palestinians.

Speaking from the loggia of St. Peter's Basilica to the throngs of people below, Francis said he grieved the "abominable attack" of Hamas against southern Israel on Oct. 7 and called for the release of hostages. And he begged for an end to Israel's military campaign in Gaza and the "appalling harvest of innocent civilians" as he called for humanitarian aid to reach those in need.

Francis devoted his Christmas Day blessing to a call for peace in the world, noting that the biblical story of the birth of Christ in Bethlehem sent a message of peace. But he said that Bethlehem "is a place of sorrow and silence" this year.

"My heart grieves for the victims of the abominable attack of 7 October, and I reiterate my urgent appeal for the liberation of those still being held hostage," he said during the "Urbi and Orbi" ("To the City and the World") blessing. "I plead for an end to the military operations with their appalling harvest of innocent civilian victims, and call for a solution to the desperate humanitarian situation by an opening to the provision of humanitarian aid."