Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 1 / 19]

Donald Trump Ridiculed for Bizarre Magnet Remarks at Iowa Rally

No.1254198 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Former President Donald Trump's comments during an Iowa rally on Friday about magnets have prompted a wave of mockery on social media.

Trump is currently among the packed field of candidates seeking the 2024 GOP presidential nomination as he seeks a second term in the White House. Despite the competition and his litany of criminal charges, in which he maintains his innocence in, Trump is considered the overwhelming frontrunner in the race, with national polling averages regularly giving him 50 percent support from likely Republican voters.

With primary season set to properly kick off in a matter of weeks, Trump has been spending a significant amount of time making appearances in Iowa, the state that traditionally hosts the first state-level race during presidential election years. On Friday, Trump held his latest Iowa rally in Mason City where he made strange comments about magnets while discussing magnetic elevators, which turned heads online, while also making frequent references to the John Deere agricultural machinery company.

"Think of it, magnets," Trump said. "Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that's the end of the magnets. Why didn't they use John Deere? Why didn't they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere."

In response to these remarks, numerous users on Twitter responded with mockery.

"Dementia Trump is riffing on his magnets in water story, then tries to pander to the Iowa audience by bringing John Deere into the story because what's in his head to repeat in IA over and over is 'John Deere,' and the whole deal just short circuits into an addled, sweaty mess," Ron Filipkowski, editor-in-chief for MeidasTouch and frequent Trump critic, wrote Friday evening.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-ridiculed-bizarre-magnet-remarks-iowa-rally-1858420